Monday, July 13, 2009

Lucky Me!

I don't know why, but I'm feeling very optimistic lately. I can feel a good change coming on. My son and I are both cursed with the dreaded lurgy, with all kinds of orifices drooling and the constant sound of sniffing, but aside from that it is like the half-decent weather has bought a change in attitude with it.

I am starting a new job in two weeks, and working half the hours for twice as much money. I knew it would happen, and it will save my purse, but when everything finally clicked I was a bit shocked at how easy it has been. I'll be able to work the job up until I have the baby, then continue as much as I feel comfortable with it, which is just so 'The Secret' I feel spooked by it all a little bit! We will, to a certain degree 'have our house back' from daycare, and that instantly brightened the outlook for me and my partner, as it means the stresses of never having a spare room are gone at least until we decide together again to use it for business purposes later down the track, if ever.

We have started to really sort out our finances, and branch out in to unchartered territory where we will over time save a lot of money. It's not something we dive in to willy-nilly, the whole financial world hurts our grey matter a bit, but we did a little research and decided to make an offset account for a loan we have and if we really, really knuckle down we can knock lots and lots of years off our personal debt. So that has made us both smile!

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hi to all that lurk and linger, and re-assure my own self that I am still going to do this blogging thing for quite sometime. It's like talking in your head, but the room is much louder, and hopefully some other voices will be popping up eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks to anyone who comments on my blog. I don't always have time every day to check, but I do check often so please comment away!