Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Do I have a good life?

Do you enjoy your life every day? Do you find that you live in a utopia of amazing-ness where nothing ever needs dealing with because nothing ever goes wrong? Do you find that you are surrounded by people that agree with absolutely everything you say and do and never have a differing opinion or a different way of life?

I don't. I think life is managed, that it is more fun as a rollercoaster than it is as a slow boat ride with no waves, and I like it. I am not saying I am searching for drama to enhance my enjoyment of the moment. Quite the opposite in fact. I search for nirvana everyday, in normal activities like watching my son Ethan enjoy riding as fast as he can along the pavers, and watching our personal debt slow down to a trickle instead of a flood.

My friends, my true and beautiful friends know who I am, are not afraid to ask who I used to be, and are interested in who I intend to be in the future. We have differing opinions sometimes, we go long periods where we are all too busy to scratch, let alone share a coffee and chat. But my true friends, both that I've had for years, and those I've only met since Ethan came along, seem to take the ups and the downs with the same ebb and flow I do.

No one enjoys the downs, but most people have been there, no? They know how to support you and how to hold you up. They know to dance when you're re-awakened, and not jump on your headstone when you are down. These are the people, these lovely supportive and judgement-less people, that I dedicate my thoughts to today. I've had a shock this week, in hearing through a third party how terrible my life is according to someone I thought was at least a close acquantance. And I need to get over that, so thanks for the rant.

1 comment:

  1. If you are happy with your life then please don't worry about what this person has said. I think what you have written about life in general is true for a lot of people, including me.

    I too have friends that if I don't see them for ages we can just pick up where we left off but with other friends it requires more of an effort. One acquaintance recently said to a close friend "If I feel like having I kids I just visit ****(me) and I realise what a stupid idea that is." Nice hey.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks to anyone who comments on my blog. I don't always have time every day to check, but I do check often so please comment away!