Friday, September 18, 2009

A brand new shiny day....

Well, I decided last night that if I can't beat them, join them!

My son doesn't sleep at all during the day, and then he sleeps intermittently (sorry, that spelling is a guess!) during the night, with at least one visit to my bedside at about 1am. So last night I went to bed at 8.45pm to ensure I got enough sleep before his usual visit, and also before his usual wake-up time of 6am. I feel like I've slept for a thousand years! Even though I was up at 1am, and again at 4am, I still got that initial 4hours of sleep that I think my batteries needed. I have tried every trick in the book, on the net and at a sleep clinic to try and get him to sleep all night, and it just doesn't happen. I think he may have inherited his dad's fast metabolism, and although he's as full as santa's sock when he goes to bed, he's waking up hungry through the night and needs a bottle (or two) to keep him sustained. He's not even close to weighty with all that milk, and he'd easily drink nearly a litre a day sometimes, as well as having three well-rounded nutritious meals and at least two snacks! So I've given myself a new bedtime of between 9pm and 9.30pm. Now my routine will have to change a bit!

I borrowed a book of pure inspiration from the library last week, called "The Family Manager Takes Charge", and if you are anything like me, and have sometimes felt like the blind leading the blind in your quest to create a happy, comfortable home, I recommend a scour at your local library. Author Kathy Peel admits openly that when she was first married she had no idea how to 'run a house', and I feel the same way sometimes! So she attacked the job of homemaking like a businesswoman - as she had watched her mother be a businesswoman for many years. I'm only a little way in, but it's helping me figure out in my mind what steps to take to improve the life of myself as a Domestic Dweller and Provider, and to hopefully have those improvements then benefit the family I do it for.

Anyway, as the one who is providing her love and care to both her own family and someone else's today, I'd better go and get out of my pj's and in to the day here. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and please feel free to share your thoughts on the book if you take a peek on amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks to anyone who comments on my blog. I don't always have time every day to check, but I do check often so please comment away!