Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Proud of My Self...

Man, I am so proud of myself. I just beam when I think of it. Yesterday, I was in a shopping panic, as I had decided to buy some recipe software for my computer. I finished work early enough to take my son out to the shop.

Well, the nice assistant at X's store recommend I look for some recipe software for free on the internet, as they didn't stock any at the time. So I left, with my trusty $40 still intact. Then I stopped in at a stationary/office supply store and considered buying some accounting software...but thought well, if they have recipe stuff for free, maybe there'll be some accounting stuff for free too...my $40 was still safe.

On the way home I considered buying us some takeaway,as it would just be so quick and eeeeaaassy, no? Well, then I remembered that after I did my pantry stocktake last weekend, I have ample food for at least a fortnight (not including fresh fruit, but still), and decided we would have oven-baked fish fillets and while they were cooking I made a super simple coleslaw and a side salad.

Yet again, my total spending for the day....Zero Dollars.

I'm patting myself on the back for them ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks to anyone who comments on my blog. I don't always have time every day to check, but I do check often so please comment away!