Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time....

Hello! Well, the day has flown by and I feel I've done a gazillion things and none of which I can remember! Well, there was the three loads of laundry done and hung by school drop off, the vegie/fruit/bread/milk shop, the changing of sheets on beds, the baking of a slice and a batch of cookies and the preparation of a lasagne. Thank goodness for dishwashers, as I've already filled and emptied mine twice. And no, not with stuff I could have just rinsed, but yeah, different things and lots of them!

I'm just sitting with a cookie from said batch, and a coffee, and mulling over my day's achievements and the addition of energy to my motherhood mojo that I've been feeling these past few days. The fella's home, but I don't think that's got to do with the change in mood, I think it's more the decision made to just get up and get on, to be honest.

Since making the decision to actually Do The Stuff That Needs Doing, I've had that feeling of achievement return. After that, a little bit of happiness returned because of the achievements. Then some pride at the achievements fuelled my joy, and I feel back on the mend.

I've hit the kitchen again, determined to play Beat the Pantry. Beat the Pantry is a great game to play if you are strapped for cash, want to pretend you are, or just want to clear the pantry before the next big stock-up. It works exactly how it sounds - your job is to Beat the Pantry by emptying her out as much as possible before you have to go and get more stores (either at pay day, or when ever you normally do it). I do it to delay the inevitable massive shop that usually comes as a result of my cycle of storing up and then purging the pantry and I love it. I often find something that I got (like Lemon Chicken recipe base) that completely surprises me and I look forward to cooking. It's also a great way to remember how many Actual Ingredients we have and how much I now can make really from scratch.

Anyway, enough blabbering for the moment. I've really got to go and do something else, because there is still another pile of something somewhere, like all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, nice to see you blogging a bit again. It is so true about energy, the more you spend sometimes, the more you have. Doesn't make a lick of sense, but I've certainly found it to be true for myself. Ive had a decent run lately, though it also due to nice long naps from the toddler, and some general growing up all around. When my kids make it impossible to get anything done, and I feel like I'm constantly having to fight just to get to wash the dishes, it somehow taps my energy straight out, and then even when I do get a moment, all I feel like doing is staring at the wall (or the computer) . It's a down spiral. But lately we're on a bit of an even keel. Phew!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks to anyone who comments on my blog. I don't always have time every day to check, but I do check often so please comment away!